Concurrent Enrollment is the term used when a student is simultaneously enrolled in a local school district high school and in a higher education or career or technical course.
The Gunnison Watershed School District School Board Policy (SB Policy IKF-R) stipulates the following related to Concurrent Enrollment:
1. Concurrent Enrollment credit will only be offered to students for courses that are not offered in the school district's high schools.
2. To qualify for Concurrent Enrollment, a student must be a junior, senior or on an Advanced Learning Plan (ALP) in good standing.
3. Junior and senior students will only qualify for Concurrent Enrollment if the course is identified in their Individual Career and Academic Plan (ICAP).
4. ALP students will only qualify for Concurrent Enrollment if the course is identified in their ALP.
5. Under normal circumstances, students will be allowed to take no more than one Concurrent Enrollment course per semester.
6. Students must meet eligibility requirements including but not limited to, meeting Higher Education entrance requirements, having a 2.5 GPA or higher in the high school and meeting minimum qualifying ACT, SAT or Accuplacer scores for specific courses.
The GWSD has budgeted a limited amount of funds for the Concurrent Enrollment program. Each semester, one-half of the annual budgeted funds will be allocated for Concurrent Enrollment. Students who qualify for these funds will be given priority to receive such as follows:
1. Junior, senior, and ALP students who qualify for financial assistance. Eligibility will be determined by enrollment in the Free and Reduced Meals program.
2. All other junior, senior, and ALP students will be on a first come first serve basis until funds are exhausted.
Students will be required to sign a contract stipulating that if they receive School District funds for a Concurrent Enrollment course, they must pass the course with a C- or better (SB Policy IKF-E). Students who do not earn a C- or better for a Concurrent Enrollment course will be required to reimburse the School District for all tuition costs.
Please see the high school counselor for additional information.
Concurrent Enrollment Application